Re: Avoid running update-initramfs more than once during installation

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 12:37, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Perhaps there is something to learn from the dictionaries-common
> package?  I have not checked how they do it, but know the dictionary
> packages only ask the user once to select language, after all the
> language packages are installed.

Not true.

I'm currently seeing two questions from dictionaries-common for Ispell
during an English desktop install:
- first time I can select between ibrittish and "manual"
- second time I can select between iamerican, ibrittish and "manual"

I'm not sure if this is a bug and, if so, where the bug is, but it does
kind of support maks' statement that such a structure is fragile.

(Not that I'm particularly happy with the way initramfs initrds are being
generated currently.)