Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

On Monday 07 August 2006 03:23, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:32:11AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > These are fine words, but how do you think they can translate
> > into reality ? We don't currently have the ressources to do it
> > the way it should be done, and evne if we did, the deficiencies
> > of d-i will make the work we do useless.
>
> Sven, can you please finally STOP flaming against the
> debian-installer team, thank you.
>
> > But then, you could help, and put your actions where your mouth
> > is, by helping in the elaboration of an exhaustive list of such
> > problematic firmware hexdumps, together with their licencing
> > conditions, their copyright holder, and a summary of what the
> > module is good for.
>
> I agree, everyone who wants to see the firmware issue solved
> should either start doing something about it or be silent.
>
> here is an outdated wiki document, where to start with:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/KernelFirmwareLicensing
>

> Best regards
> Frederik Schueler

I have been following this list for some time, and have seen the
egos on both sides get out of hand. But to me this shows the lack
of maturity and refelects back to grade school. We are all adults
here so what if someone has an opinion about how something was done
or should be done. All you have to do is read a few slashdot
articles, GET OVER IT.  We should be focusing on fixing release
critical bugs, or learing how to code better. Calling the kettle
black is not helpful, and takes up time that should be used for
something else.

Telling someone to stop flamming is like bringing up attention to
something that probably was not even be an issue, now it has become
an issue because of some issues in the past. This is the time to
let your professional attitude come out, if you have personal
issues with a topic or person hold your tongue, and listen for
once. If you cant then send a flame email to me, if it makes you
fell better my feelings won't be hurt.

This is also a good time to take the high road, and leave the past
in the past, maybe we all need to take some communication classes.
I bet a lot of this anger could be vented if we just listen and
acknowledge the differences and try to understand the others point
of view. You will be surprised to know that once someone has vented
his thoughts without anger, and listened then things would be
better. Maybe we need to eat a little crow, and admit we are wrong
get on with making Debian the best possible distro their is.

Gnu_Raiz