Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> writes:

> In linux.debian.kernel Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>>The real issue here is one of freedom and DFSG and not one of legality anyway.
>>Those firmware are not DFSG-free and have nothing to do in main, and this is
>>the real problem.
> They were not a problem before the SC was "clarified", so I do not
> expect that many people will suddenly care now.

They have always been a problem and have always violated the license
of the rest of the kernel. It is just that nobody noticed or cared
before but now the cat is out of the sack and the issue is a release
blocker.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. But now we have seen the (ugly) light.

> --
> ciao,
> Marco

MfG