Re: Decision about oot-modules for etch

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 02:05:24AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> In linux.debian.kernel Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:
> >> [2] The ipw drivers are in the kernel mainline (ipw3945 will hopefully
> >>     follow soon).
> >Only if they remove the dependency on the binary-only deamon. I'm
> >currently doing this for my own anyway.
> Matthew Garrett has an almost working replacement for the daemon and
> would be happy to get help.

If I read the thread on lkml correctly, the usage of /sys with a
blocking interface is a violation. The easiest way to fix this is to
remove the daemon completely, which does not do many things according to
the maintainer of the openbsd driver. The other way is to use a
character device.

Bastian

--
Virtue is a relative term.
		-- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1