Re: Third party coding for initramfs-tools

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:43:44PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> hello marc,
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:11:48AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >
> > I have initramfs-tools 0.60, and tried to write a 3rd party script for
> > it.
>
> ok, please use latest from unstable will reduce your pain ;-)
> as the circular dep stuff is fixed.

Ah, cool. I can't upgrade yet as I need to upgrade udev, a dependency, and
then my kernel, which I can't do yet, but I'll do this soon, thanks.

> > It's actually quite simple:
> > gandalf:~$ cat /etc/mkinitramfs/scripts/local-bottom/copypwd
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > mount -no remount,rw ${rootmnt}
> > # Not totally certain if it's needed but I got a RO error once
> > sleep 1
> > cat /.cppwd > ${rootmnt}/.cppwd
> > mount -no remount,ro ${rootmnt}
>
> missing prereqs stuff.
> you'll find examples in the manpage initramfs-tools(8).

Mmmh, I see now. I clearly missed that man page, it would have made my life
easier :)

> or look at any other boot script in /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts
> i fully agree that this prereqs stuff is a pain and lost boot time,
> it is scheduled to go soon (0.70 most probably).
> the ordering which should happen afterwards will be for example
> 05evms 10mdadm 20lvm 90cryptsetup
> currently there is no sane way to be the first nor to be the last.

Good to know, thanks.

> amicalement

De même,
Marc