Re: Bug #368544 and its many friends

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Johannes Rohr wrote:

Dear kernel maintainers,

bug #368544 and a plethora of similar reports has been open now since
May or so, making 2.6.17* headers packages uninstallable.

While I understand that some transitions take time and breakages are to
be expected in unstable, I am a bit disappointed, that, as far as I can
see, none of the kernel maintainers has responded to any of the reports,
i.e. what is the cause of the breakage, what will be the fix and a hint
as to when it might be fixed.

Hi Johannes,

The linux-kbuild-2.6 package has been uploaded now. However, since it's a new package, it has been placed into the NEW queue [0], and will have to be manually approved by ftp-master before it appears in the archive. This is out of control of the kernel team, but we'll try to ask the people in control to make this approval as soon as possible.

[0] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org