Re: svn games

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 06:32:47PM -0700, jurij@wooyd.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to bring the following recent svn commits to the
> attention of the team. I have made a commit r6880 in Saturday morning
> (Pacific time):
>
>  Switch to gcc-4.1 for sparc, because it works (tm).

Hi all, ...

Please let's not have a fight over this. Bastian, i believe i told you on irc
the other day that what you did was not the most diplomatic thing to do, and i
do understand how Jurij feels about this, getting ones work summarily
dismissed is not something enjoyable (or whatever, too early in the morning to
go english vocabulary hunting for more adapted sentences).

Anyway, i think Jurij's request for either a policy, or at least a few hours
(12, 24 ?) grace period before the reversal seems reasonable. Holding
discussion through svn commit logs sucks big time.

Jurij, that said, i believe that you take it worse than it is, you can just as
easily as Bastian reverted your change, revert his, fix the issue and
recommit, so speaking about svn commit prohibition is wa&ys exagerated,
especially considering the fact that Bastian is one of the more active kernel
team members, and any hindrance in his work will be severly felt. The same
goes for you, naturally, there are not that much active team members left that
we can afford such a mess.

So, Bastian, Jurij, all others, let's try to be more understanding, and solve
this to everyone's convenience, and improve relationship for the future.