G5 fan control and official debian kernels.

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with 2.6.16 and 2.6.17 and builtin or modular
THERM_PM72 on my XServer G5.

The result is as follows :

  2.6.16 + modular fan control -> airplan noise level.
  2.6.17 + modular fan control -> still noisy, but orders of magnitude lower.
  2.6.17 + builtin fan control -> noisy, but acceptable noise level.

So, i believe that the choice for the debian kernel is to have builtin both
the I2C_POWERMAC and the THERM_PM72 modules.

Of the other therm control modules, we have :

  CONFIG_WINDFARM
  CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM81
  CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM91
  CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM112

I suppose they also will all benefit from being builtin, right ?