Re: Scheduling 2.6.17-1

On Sunday 18 June 2006 23:58, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> The problem is: we need a kernel >> 2.6.15 in testing ASAP (2.6.15 is
> really old, and d-i needs a new kernel for the next release candidate).

That is correct. Now that the testing archive for amd64 is complete (for
the purposed of new installations), we'd like to prepare a new beta
release of d-i ASAP.
The main blocker for this is the lack of 2.6.16 in testing.

From that point of view a (last?) 2.6.16 upload that builds for all arches
and the opportunity to build kernel udebs from that upload would be very
much appreciated.
Looking at other posts to this thread it seems to me that having to wait
for 2.6.17 would mean a delay of at least a month which would also hurt
the commitments the d-i team has made for the release of Etch.

Whether or not to do that in parallel to a 2.6.17 upload is up to the
kernel team.

Cheers,
FJP