Re: GCC 4.1 now the default GCC version for etch

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 02:20:48AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> The compilers from GCC 4.1 provide now the default compiler for etch
> for Ada, C, C++, Objc, ObjC++, Fortran95 and for the Java language.

This means we can't upload linux-2.6 without a change to specify the
compiler to something else than gcc except if we want to upload 2.6.17
and go to gcc 4.1 as compiler.

My prefered solution is similar to the .kernelrelease file in the source
tree:
- Add a file .kernelcompiler.
  This file specifies CC as used.
- Or .kerneltoolchain.
  This file specifies any toolchain setting CC, LD, AS and so on.
- The setting is used in the headers package to magicaly use the correct
  compiler.
- The headers packages needs to depend against the used compiler.

Bastian

--
Insufficient facts always invite danger.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9