Re: Shouldn't we have more ftp masters ?

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 11:06:29AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> As DPL, all I've got to say is NEW policy is a matter for ftpmasters
> to decide. As both DPL and ftpmaster, I think we could use some new
> assistants -- Mike and Randall are pretty much doing other things these
> days, and Jeroen and Ganneff have accrued more things to do over the
> past year.

And what do you think of the idea proposed in a reply to steve, namely name a
ftp-assistant solely responsible of handling a given subset of packages, the
kernel and outè-of-tree modules in this case. This would give you the chance
to test the persons competence and stuff like that.

I personally volunteer for this for doing kernel related NEW work, but i guess
someone else can be found if you don't judge me dign of confiance.

I still believe that automation is preferable in this case, and haven't heard
any real argument against it.