Re: linux-2.6 testing migration

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:54:33AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 11:46:20PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > #365455
> > > 	Support for some minor powerpc subarches is lost in the new version
> > > 	of the kernel. Presumably this includes bug #359025. Given all the
> > > 	other reasons for updating it, the words "omlette" and "eggs" come
> > > 	to mind. :-/
> > <nod>
>
> At least prep support is pending for 2.6.16-15.

BTW, it would be helpful if the 'some minor powerpc subarches' are indeed
clarified. To my knowledge, this can only mean prep and apus, but apus is
anyway broken since forever, and prep was fixed last week. There is some issue
concerning mkvmlinuz which needs fixing, but this is not a kernel issue, and i
am working on it. So, i suppose that mkvmlinuz 22 needs to go into testing
RSN, but i need to finish writing it first. I will be busy until saturday
though.

There is nubus also, but this one never worked on 2.6 kernels, and we never
yet supported it fully.

So, for me, once the -prep fixes i made last week are included in the package,
it can go into testing just fine. The -prep image will need NEW handling, and
work on the d-i .udeb front, since it is a new flavour.