Status of non-free firmware

Hi,

at least I forgot what the current status is. For this reason, I'm
asking where we are. Please don't take that as I trying to push you or
something, but rather as a "please do cluebat me". :)

And, I would be interested (if there exists or is not too much effort to
create) in a list where blobs is marked as "essential" if some boards
don't run/have cd/hard disk/network without, and where it's marked
whether the firmware runs on the host CPU or somewhere else.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/