Re: kernel/d-i/security/release meeting at DebConf6

* dann frazier (dannf@dannf.org) [060524 05:33]:
> On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 10:46:44PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 01:09:45PM -0500, dann frazier wrote:
> > > Kernel udeb creation process (possibly using k-p?)
> > > If we build all of the *existing* udebs from a single source, we outgrow
> > > the limit of the Binary: field in the control file.
> >
> > Huh ? This problem is known since over 2 years now, and i thought it was one
> > of the things that where fixed earlier this year or late last year ?
>
> Immediately after I sent out the notes from this meeting, aba said
> he'd followed up with an ftp master (neuro, iirc).  From what he was
> told, it sounds like the information we had during this meeting was
> stale/inaccurate.

Actually, if I understood everything correct, the issue with the long
lines used to be that on the way from the buildd to the buildd
maintainer, the long line in the changes-file could be broken by MTAs,
and this has been fixed. The best way to test if this is all would be to
upload one source package producing all udebs to experimental, and see
what happens.

Cheers,
Andi
--