Re: partman-reiser4

hi Jack,

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 11:58:04PM -0700, ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:
> I'm interested in installing Debian on a reiser4 root partition
>
> Are you aware of any work on a partman-reiser4 udeb?

no, sorry.

debian linux kernel guys vetoed reiser4 in debian kernel long time
ago. i don't even remember when it was, but Martin Michlmayr was already
mentioning this on January 2005 [0]. probably this is the right time
to ask them for an update on this story.  to what is my current view of
the reiser4 merge in the vanilla, i don't think it is around the corner.

i've never been eager to start working on the debian-installer support
for reiser4. last time i tried, again some time ago, i found it pretty
scary. so, if anybody is willing to take over that part...

cheers
domenico

[0] http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/12/23/2023223

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50