Re: which kernel version for etch?

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:41:05PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [060510 12:25]:
> > I will not be at debconf, so i will not be able to participate in this
> > discussion.
>
> That's a pity.

Sure, but i can't let my wife alone with my newly bron daugther, so ... I am
sure that you at least can understand such personal life conditions.

> > > I didn't claim that Sarge and Etch are the same. However, one should and
> > > could do the following: Which issues are problematic within Sarge? Could
> > > that happen in Etch again? If the answer is no, I'm happy.  If not, one
> > > could try to fix it in time.
> >
> > Seems good. I listed a few points in the past, do you want that i repeat them,
> > or will you find them in the archive by yourself.
>
> Hm, best if you could send me a private mail listing these points (or
> just containing pointers), so I can make sure they're picked up.

Ok, altough, i don't clearly understand the need for a private mail ? Don't
you believe a discussion on the list would be a good idea ? For this same
reason, please posts your objections to the .udebs-in-di and don't leave us in
the dark.

> > i think that we are already in the situation where the
> > corresponding teams have failed.
>
> Perhaps I'm a bit more tolerant in that then you, but I agree that we
> might come to a point where this is the case, and in that case, I'll
> make sure the release team calls for a solution.

Well, we are two month and a bit before the freeze, and there is some serious
work still needed. If it is not now the moment to give impulse, it will be too
late for etch, until the release schedule is already programmed for slipping.