Re: scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.16-11

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Bastian Blank wrote:

Hi folks

I'd like to schedule the upload of 2.6.16-12 for tomorrow, 4.5.2006.

It currently contains two stable updates.
- 2.6.16.12, a general update and
- 2.6.16.13, a security update.

It needs the new kernel-package to build sparc again.

AFAIK, sid version of linux-2.6 does not need the new k-p (unless it has also changed from using --append-to-version to putting the extra version information into the localversion file). The trunk version does. Anyway, I'm going to test-build it tonight just to be sure.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org