Disable CONFIG_ACORN_PARTITION_CUMANA in Debian kernels?

[ Please follow-up to debian-kernel. ]

Hi,

We have received a number of bug reports (353400, 358913, 359207) against kernel packages about the check for the Cumana partition table, commonly found on Acorn machines. Being too lax, this check occasionally produces false positives for VFAT partition tables, preventing the proper mounting of USB sticks. The easy solution is, naturally, to disable support for this partition table by disabling CONFIG_ACORN_PARTITION_CUMANA. I wonder if there are any known cases of people using disks with this partition
table with our kernels. Can there be any other negative consequences?

Best regardsm

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org