Re: Duplicate flavor builds
- To: Jurij Smakov <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Duplicate flavor builds
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:21:55 +0100
- Message-id: <20060313122155.GB17421@localhost.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.63.0603122122110.5023@bobcat>
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.63.0603122122110.5023@bobcat>
On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 09:29:00PM -0800, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> I've run a test build of 2.6.16-rc6, using dists/trunk/linux-2.6. It
> appears that each flavor gets built twice, which is a huge waste of
> resources. First build is peformed during 'make-kpkg build', second one -
> during 'make-kpkg kernel-image'. Anybody else seeing this? I'm not sure
> whether the behavior of kernel-package or the upstream build system have
> changed (I'll investigate), if you have any ideas, please let me know.
We noticed this since some weeks/months now, i dfon't remember exactly, but it
is well possible that it conincided with a k-p major change.
Manoj and Bastian, can you please comment on this ?