Re: Kernel-handbook - opinions/comments wanted

hallo jurij,

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 06:32:01PM -0800, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently finished the chapter on the recommended practices for
> reporting bugs in the kernel packages. It can be found at
>
> http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-bugs.html

thanks for your work.

> I would like to hear any opinions/comments/criticisms regarding it, so
> that this part of the handbook is agreed upon by all members of the kernel
> team. The feedback regarding the rest of it is, of course, welcome as
> well.

acpi=off, pci=norouteirq, noacpi
should be
acpi=off, pci=norouteirq, nolapic
to be on the really safeside, irc noacpi is only a param for pci=

first i thought a section about swsusp might also be needed,
but looking back we don't have many bug report
(beside missing yaird support)..

please add a section about what we like to have in an bug report:
* reproducible on one of our images
* full dmesg after boot from working and not working kernel
* lspci -v
* the last known good kernel
* steps to reproduce it (if not already visible from dmesg)

--
maks