Re: initramfs-tools vs yaird on a server

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 06:39:44PM +0100, sdbteam wrote:

> i've had serious issues when installing the linux-image-2.6.15-1-686-smp (testing) on our production server.
> i don't know if it's because of udev or initramfs-tools but my lvm2
> partitions over a raid5 array didn't work anymore.

specify your serious issues,
until then your mail is just handwaving.

> i also had many unusefull modules loaded and i guess it's because of udev.

sure udev loads modules based on your hardware,
if you put an sound card into your server don't be surprised
to get an audio driver loaded..

that is easily tunable in /etc/modprobe.d where you can blacklist
the unwanted modules. then regenerate your initrd either by
`dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-XXX` or with `update-initramfs -u`

--
maks