Problem compiling module on kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-686-smp

Hello everybody. I am trying to install anbd on a PIII cluster, and for
that I have to compile the module that they provide. But unfortunately,
I am not being capable of compile this module agaist the
kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-686-smp. make menuconfig works nicely, but when I
try to make or make modules, I have this two messages:
++++++++++++
make
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `init/main.o', needed by
`init/built-in.o'.  Stop.
make: *** [init] Error 2

or
make modules
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `arch/i386/kernel/msr.c', needed by
`arch/i386/kernel/msr.o'.  Stop.
make: *** [arch/i386/kernel] Error 2
I have made make mrproper, make oldconfig, make menuconfig and
configured everything, make clean to be sure that nothing is hanging,
but with no luck. I have copied the nbd.h and nbd.c to the right places
(include and drivers/block). So, what can be happening? Is there other
way to compile this module? When I try to compile standalone, I have
tons of error messages of missing libraries and dependencies.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan Marin