Re: non-free firmware

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 04:04:33PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> What we as release team really need is some statement from the
> maintainers team like "we have done some thorough search through the
> sources, and are sure that the reminder is now DFSG-free (according to
> the changed DFSG)". We usually trust the maintainers about correctly
> summarizing issues, and also about judging correct whether some software
> is DFSG-free or not. Of course, we all (and that includes of course also
> me) sometimes make mistakes, that is just human.

Sure, i can make you a statement that there still are non-DFSG free firmware
in the current debian kernel package, and i don't know when we will be able to
solve the issues, and i heard statement of a few members of the kernel team
stating that those binary-only blurbs are the source of themselves, and thus
not an issue.

So, now, what are you going to do about it, remove the kernel from main and
into non-free :)