Re: how to detect a debian kernel from `uname -r`

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:31:50AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> You are not interested in recordying the debian abi number, or the flavour as
> a subset of the architecture used ? This seems like interesting info.

KLive wasn't originally designed to track distro packages, but mainline
or/and self-built kernels. So at the moment there's simply no place to
store this debian info in the db. I store the uname -m which provides
some interesting info too. I could of course add abi and flavour, but
I'd prefer to try to add stuff that can work for other distro too, so it
needs more thoughts. Right now your /proc/version allows to reliably
identify the branch (i.e. Debian) and the package version, so it's
already very useful (and I already fixed the server code to parse it
correctly ;).