Re: bits from the release team

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 06:04:39PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Indeed. The d-i team usually says "no" outright to any kind of proposal of
> > this kind, so it is up to the kernel team to come up with an implementation
> > which convinces them :) The release team deserves to be informed about the
> > possibility though.
>
> Cite message-ids or irc logs please.

Such hiding in the sand, ...  well i don't keep irc logs, and you can go
searching for those past email posts as well as i can.

> > Indeed, but you have only the sarge experience to go by, and taking the sarge
> > experience on this is hardly fair to the huge amount the kernel team has
> > devoted to streamline the process. Also, i don't really believe joeyh and fjp
> > are really the relevant maintainers with regard to the debian kernel and its
> > application, since they lack the vision of how things could go better, or more
> > thruthfully, probably lack the time and motivation to think really about the
> > issue, and why should they, it is the kernel team jobs :)
>
> Understanding how the above paragraph could be perceived as insulting is
> left as an exersise for the reader.

Yeah, and i have mails from you which where degrees of magnitude more
insulting than those, and i have still not forgiven you about the way you
hurt me in april. So tone done your arrogance a bit, please.