Re: bits from the release team

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 23:01, Sven Luther wrote:
> Indeed. The d-i team usually says "no" outright to any kind of proposal
> of this kind, so it is up to the kernel team to come up with an
> implementation which convinces them :)

Bullshit.
We (d-i team, mainly Joey) gave very good reasons why we thought the
proposal was not good and would result in more problems than it solved.
That you choose to structurally ignore the opinions, comments and
objections by others who are a lot more knowledgeable about the _other_
area in Debian impacted by the proposal is typical.
Your half-baked proposals may look good from a kernel maintenance
viewpoint, but in our opinion they have a negative impact on the d-i side
of the equation.

Rejecting a badly thought out proposal is _not_ the same as saying no
outright.

I'm not going to repeat the arguments here. They can be found in the
archives.

Your attitude does nothing to motivate me to work on this.