bigphysarea patch for 2.6

Hello.

Would it be possible to include the bigphysarea patch in Debian 2.6
kernels, and enable it by default?  It is necessary for hardware which
has large DMA buffers and which does not support scatter-gather DMA.
Example: Zoran ZR36067.  It also does not bother anything else by being
enabled since its memory must be reserved by a boot parameter.

I don't know who is officially maintaining the patch, but I used this
particular one with 2.6.14:
http://pv105234.reshsg.uci.edu/~jfeise/Downloads/zr36120/

This patch has been around for a long time, and I have no idea the
reasons why it has not been merged in the mainline kernel.

Please Cc: on reply.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>