Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 12:21:00AM +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:29:20PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > do I take that comment to mean that upstream can't update the
> > drivers but Debian can? And if so, do you recommend updating
> > Debian's kernel packages, or putting the updates elsewhere?
>
> Well, we could upstream, but so far no one is annoyed enough to
> overrid the driver maintainer.

This is outrageous.

Do you know any contacts at Intel to whom we could complain?  I guess
there would be many people willing to write a nice email about how
impractical (actually, insane) such a policy is?

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org>          	        http://gnumonks.org/
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)