Re: kernel-package 10.001 introduced to experimental

Hi,

        The problem reported with linux-2.6 is due to the code that
 decides where DEBDIR is at the moment -- /usr/share/kernel-package,
 or ./debian. Currently, it erroneously uses presence of ./debian to
 make that determination, which obviously fails for official source
 trees.

        Around line 87 of /usr/share/kernel-package /rules, use the
 following instead; now it checks for ./debian/kernel_version.mk.
 I'll make the test more robust in the next release.

define which_debdir
DEBDIR=$(shell if test -f ./debian/kernel_version.mk; then echo ./debian; else echo $(LIBLOC); fi)
endef

        Please note that the experimental releases are likely to be
 somewhat flakey until we finalize the hierarchy under ./debian (The
 next upload shall have a preliminary layout, but nothing has been set
 in stone yet).  Indeed, until a release hits Sid, I would say nothing
 is set in stone.

        manoj
--
Do YOU have redeeming social value?