Re: Bringing the 2.6.13 (and beyond) kernel to sid, solving ramdisk generations issues and stuff.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 01:57:19PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> [snipping the cc list ]
>
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Bastian Blank wrote:
>
> > > The other issue is that 2.6.14 is scheduled for release in the not so distant
> > > future, so we may skip uploading .13-3 to unstable and go for .14-1 directly,
> > > depending on status of newly introduced breakage in .14 and such.
> >
> > I vote for the later.
> >
> > Bastian
>
> i agree 2.6.14 will happen pretty soon.
>
> btw svenl what happened with all the powerpc patches,
> didn't see a lot of them merged upstream, maybe i'm mistaken?

I was busy in the post-2.6.13 patch pushing period, so ...

> please push them through benh to -mm so that they
> can be merged in the first 2 weeks.

ok, will do, but it may be possible that i will again be busy in the
post-2.6.14 patch pushing period, but then i hope that some of the patches,
like the serial one, will be fixed by others, maybe already for 2.6.14, we
will see.

On another side, many of those patches where for breakage introduced by
upstream, which i reported and should already have been in 2.6.13, so ...