Unidentified subject!

Having recently strange problems with booting SunBlade 150 / sparc64
machine, which has had Debian sarge + 2.4.27-2 kernel installed
I traced back these problems to initrd failure (I think).

Just in case anybody is intereseted, I would like to point out
that there is some progress wrt creating initrd's in a new way.
Recently on kerneltraffic I've found a description of a new project:

 New yaird Replacement For mkinitrd
 http://www.kerneltraffic.org/kernel-traffic/kt20050329_300.html#5

Maybe this might find its way into Debian, or maybe not.
If anyone is interested, just read the original article.

Friendly,
Wiktor Wandachowicz