Re: Hi

> I have problems to install debian sarge on a xserve g4 dual 1 ghz. I use the
> sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso image to boot from and it works fine, but after
> the installation I reboot xserve and then it freezes with the text
> kernel-image-2.6.8-powerpc etc..
>
> What is wrong? Which kernel-image should I use and how do I make a cd image
> of it?

What kind of xserve? Are you using serial console, or a video cable
connected?

Have you ever used the shell inside the installer? Can you look at the
yaboot.conf file in /etc/ that the installer put on the hard drive?

I had no problem with 2.6.8-powerpc kernel, but that was several months
ago.. maybe there was a regression somewhere.