<rant> Vendors and kernel driver source that will not compile with Debian </rant>

<rant> I have absolutely had it with vendors not taking Debian seriously. It's always RedHad, SuSE, TurboLinux... never Debian! </rant>

Well we have a driver on our hands that the vendor says compiles fine on SuSE 8, 9.0, and 9.1 with 2.6.x kernels, but they say will not compile on Debian. Well DUA! After dealing with their source and trying to get it to compile on Debian that is why I was contacting them.

Realistically, how different is Debian kernel source from the kernel source Linus releases... and thus those other vendors. I mean, how in the world could their driver source compile fine on those other two distros and NOT on Debian. Any advise anyone can share on subtle differences that makes compiling drivers on Debian fail?

My Linux engineering team has better things to do than deal with the anti-Debian attitude out of vendors!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems