Re: preparing 2.6.10

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 10:18 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
[...]
> ia64-generic-no-smp.dpatch still needs a forward-port.
> drivers-scsi-generic_proc_info.dpatch should be dropped, but we need to
> make sure the kernelk-image packages depend on the latest initrd-tools

Alright, I'll look into that.

> btw, any reason your newly commited patches have leading numbersi n
> their patch names, unliked all the older patches?

To keep track of them outside of SVN.  I'm working w/ arch people to
track down some sort of resource leak that makes tla/baz explode when
dealing w/ kernel source trees; until then, I'm forced to work w/out an
RCS (svn isn't useful for my purposes; quilt may be, but the last time I
tried it, I wasn't happy w/ it).  So, the numerals are just used for
keeping chronological order within my own 2.6.10+fixes_only tree, for
now.  There's no reason they can't be renamed in SVN; I just didn't have
the desire to do so.

--
Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>