Re: Preparing 2.6.15-rc7 for experimental

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 11:28:59PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to get on with the preparations of 2.6.15-rc7 and
> schedule an upload to experimental for tomorrow evening UTC.

Notice that there was a change in the way 2.6.15 Kconfig works, apparently,
and now later occuring entries in the config file are ignored and only the
first mention is used.

I modified the way the config files are generated to no more simply catting
together the snipplet, but to do smarter handling of the snipplet, reading in
each of the options and keeping only the more specific, so make sure you have
the latest version of the package (r5144).

Notice that this does make Jonas's work on the cleanup script unecessary,
altough it is compatible with any such cleaned up config snipplets. It is
still necessary to keep multi-choice options like the memory model ones from
being duplicates, and the next step of this work is to provide a split-config
tool which can handle those the right way.

Oh, and yes, this means the kernel now build-depend on ocaml-interp, and the
script is written in ocaml, but hey, if i can learn perl, ruby or python, i
guess others can learn ocaml too, which is the superior language anyway :)