An important question wich have been on my mind for a long time

Why is there so much more security patches in the redhat kernel, compare here:

http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=redhat+kernel

http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=debian+kernel

when alot of the advisories seems to be affect debian as well?

Is it up to the wendor to see if this affeft it`s distro or does CVE do that?

Or look at Ubuntu wich I guess will have more or less same kernel source:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-219-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-199-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-187-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-178-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-169-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-143-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-137-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-131-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-110-1
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/usn/usn-103-1

Can someone give me an answear on this?
For to me it seems that CVE lists if there are an security issue, and it`s up to the vendor to see if it affects em...

Regards

Thomas Skybakmoen