Bug#343048: linux-image-2.6.14-2-686: modules ide-generic and ide-disk not loading
Yup, that works, at least with initramfs-tools, will try going back to yaird
later. Any comments on using one instead of the other?
Just to answer Sumit's question: if you install initramfs-tools (instead of
yaird) and recreate the initial ram disk (with a "dpkg-reconfigure
linux-image-2.6.14-2-686" for example) you'll have a busybox executable in
the image (which includes modprobe). Much more usefull than what yaird
provides. I'm not up to speed on the differences between the two initrd
tools, this is just what I got out-of-the-box with apt-get install.
Thanks for the quick response.
That was it.
Steps i done:
- boot with knoppix
- mount the root partition: mount /mnt/hda1
- mount the dev in the root partition: mount -o remount,dev /mnt/hda1
- chroot /mnt/hda1
- changed to /bin/bash
- mount /proc
- apt-get install initramfs-tools
- apt-get --purge remove yaird
- echo ide-generic >> /etc/mkinitramfs/modules
- echo ide-disk >> /etc/mkinitramfs/modules
- dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.14-2.686
- run lilo
Now i can boot with the kernel.
Thanks for the solutions.