Re: Graphical installer - invitation to get involved

Colin Watson wrote:

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 03:26:30PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:05:25PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
No. Current uplash is in userspace.

I work on Splashy that's another alternative and it works well. We'll
probably move it from experimental to sid soon.
Oh, then it was the x86/vesa only thingy ?

usplash works fine on x86/vga16fb, x86/vesafb, and powerpc/offb at
least. It just uses bogl (like d-i) so it should be straightforward to
port nearly anywhere.

i am just an outsider, but ... splashy was made by debian users, for debian. It uses simple techlogy and their effort was to be as light as it could be to be included in debian installer.

I know that it must have qualities ... i think it has. So ... Why don't the d-i team contact them and include splashy?

just my thoughts

Best regards

Luis Matos