Re: 2.6.14 status summary, and upcoming 2.6.15 ...

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:04:59AM +0100, Maximilian Attems wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 07:15:22PM -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:13:50AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Anyway, i will start with the powerpc situation :
> > >

> > parisc:
> > 	- klibc will work after this patch is applied:
> > http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/klibc/2005-November/001174.html
> > 	- I haven't (and won't for the next month) have time to do
> > 	  anything, as exams are underway.
> > 	- parisc patchset is mostly merged in 2.6.15-rc2
> >
> > Cheers,
> > 	Kyle
>
> thanks i got this patch and i plan to upload parisc fixed klibc
> early this week.
> currently waiting for a patch from svenl to build against
> linux-kernel-headers, status?

Nope, sorry, i had no real time to investigate this more than i did, and my
tests didn't work out because of the asm-powerpc symlink farm breakage.

I believe that l-k-h needs to be setup to use another newer kernel headers, or
better yet use the same kernel libc project headers as ubuntu uses, altough
jbailey reported having build klibs with and older kernels (2.6.12 or
something such). not sure what influence the pure64 patch from Andreas Jochens
has on this, but i guess it confuses the issue more.

My own testing where hurt by the ARCH=powerpc header migration, which is now
fixed in 2.6.14-4, and i only need to find time for it again.