Re: Care to comment on plan for module building?

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:08:30 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:29:52PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>
>> Hi Eduard (and cc kernel list),
>>
>> I have put together a draft for future kernel module handling,
>> based on a discussion at the kernel list and spiced up with a few
>> thoughts of my own. It is available here:
>> http://wiki.debian.org/KernelModulesPackaging
>>
>> Could you please have a look and tell me what you think (or perhaps
>> simply edit that wiki page directly)?

> Notice that you again sided with Manoj, depite him never providing
> any arguments in favour of not using the standard upstream mandated
> build symlink,

        his is a mnischaracterization of my position, but then, I have
 come to expect that.

        The upstream convention of using
 /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build
 is supported, has been supported, and shall be supported by
 kernel-package in the future.

> and since both of you prefered resulting to insults instead of
> reasoned argumentations, i want to have no plan with any such plans
> as you have, so go ahead, and break everything for all i care.

        Packages built using kernel-package coherently are not
 broken. Just more FUD and slander.

        manoj

--
"Some would sooner die than think.  In fact, they often do." Bertrand
Russell