Re: kernel package

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 03:53:28PM +0100, roberto wrote:
> hello
> i am looking for the latest downloadable kernel-source-2.6.x package for sarge,
> but i did not find anything later than 2.6.8 in
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.en-gb.html#search_packages

Obviously, since 2.6.8 was available for sarge, and stable release policies
mean there will not be newer packages included in it, so unless you have a
time machine, you won't find such a thing :)

> I am looking for 2.6.12, especially for tigon3 module problem, which
> you probably already know.
> May you please address me to find it?

there are indeed backports of 2.6.12 for sarge around, you can probably just
grab the source package ffrom etch, which is caled linux-source-2.6.12 or
something such, and install it. sid has 2.6.14 even, altough that needs you to
backport yaird (or initramfs-tool, but this one is more complicated as it
needs klibs and mklibs and stuff).