Re: 2.6.14-1 in incoming, status and future

Alle 08:06, sabato 29 ottobre 2005, Sven Luther ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> Well, as you may have noticed, we uploaded 2.6.14-1 to unstable yesterday,

Really Good Job, it's nearly incredible fast!

> Ok, let's finish with the next things to work on :
>
>   - clear the external module situation. Propose a policy explaining how to
>     build external modules, and ask all packagers of external modules to
> build modules for all official flavours that make sense, and coordinate
> with them for new abi-uploads. Also think about non-packaged modules.

This is a great idea, many first timer users are really scared just by a
simple "m-a a-i sl-modem", some black magic here will help them a lot.

If there is also a proposal that at install time scans through external
modules to find those needed by the host system I will be happier :-)

--
ESC:wq