Re: 2.6.14 has been released, please all checks build and configs, we upload today :)

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 10:02:39AM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 07:37:40AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >  CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_INTEL_COMBINED=y has been added.
> >  Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour? [GAF]
>
> we could make this global, as other sata stuff is global too.
>
> >  CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX has been changed from 'n' to 'm'.
> >  Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour? [GAF]
>
> this should be made global, or the
> remove-references-to-removed-drivers.patch should be fixed to remove
> this (in the debian kernel useless) Kconfig option.

I think Svenl was playing with an unpatched tree, and these problems
went away. Well I'm certain that the second one did.

He and I tagged 2.6.14-1 and are planning to upload to unstable
powerpc and i386 rsn. I guess there will be a second upload
in the not to distant future, as some FTBFS bugs are solved.

For now souces are in
http://packages.vergenet.net/testing/linux-2.6-2.6.14/
These may change if the i386 build fails, though that
seems unlikely at this point.

Also, can someone look into HPPA, or point me at which patch to use?
http://packages.vergenet.net/testing/linux-2.6-2.6.14/linux-2.6_2.6.14-1-hppa.log.gz

--
Horms