Re: Proposed improved patch for yaird

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 09:59:21PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a look at the patch by Erik, and ended up doing the following
> improvements:
>
>   * Use GNU getopt to properly handle long-opts
>   * Quote echo'ed strings
>   * Redirect error messages to stderr
>   * Use test -n
>   * Emit error when failing version tests
>

> Attached is both a diff and - due to the many changes - the complete
> script after my messing with it. How do you like the changes?
>
> Also, I wonder if the strings in the lines below should better be quoted
> too?
>

> host_upstream_version=${supported_host_version%%-*}
>
> target_upstream_version=${supported_target_version%%-*}
>
> VERSION=$1
>

>  - Jonas
>

> P.S.
>
> I will fix this bug but not use time on switching to SVN this weekend.

I commited the package to svn, added the patch, fixed the manpage
accordyingly, and added the provides, so from me, the packages is ready to be
uploaded. The svn repo is currently at :

  (alioth svn+ssh checkouts)
  svn+ssh://<user>@svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/trunk/utils/yaird
  (anonymous checkouts)
  svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/trunk/utils/yaird

Hope this is helpful and i didn't do something stupid.