debian.kernel.net archive for security updates & other stuff

Unified Repository for Proposed Kernel Security Updates
I've created a unified archive for our proposed security updates for
sarge.  Hopefully this will make it easier for users to test/use these
builds, as well as provide a single location for the security team to
pick them up.

This archive will soon be available at:
  deb http://kernel.debian.net/debian sarge/updates main

But until alioth has the alias configured, use kernel.alioth.debian.org
instead.  The debian.net url should give us more flexibility should we
decide to relocate the archive at some point.

Please let me know soon if there's anything you'd like to see changed.
I'd like to announce this more broadly RSN.  (For instance, should the
dist be sarge/updates?  Maybe sarge-proposed-updates or sarge-security?)

Managing the Archive
--------------------
I've created a simple archive management system to hopefully make it
easy/efficient to manage.  It sits in the root of the archive tree:
alioth.debian.org:/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/kernel/htdocs/debian

The contents of each dist is maintained in a 'pkglist' file.
(sarge/updates is the only dist at the moment).  pkglist files just
contain a list of .changes files to include.  A toplevel Makefile
processes these files, creates the dists/ hierarchy, and finally runs
apt-ftparchive generate.

This should make it easy to quickly add dists and share packages between
them.  Say, sarge-proposed-updates or sarge-backports.  (Not that we
shouldn't use backports.org or volatile where appropriate, of course).
We could store these pkglists in svn at some point, should we want
revision control on the archive.