Re: 2.6.13, experimental and 2.6.14-rc ...

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 15:56, Allyn, Mark A wrote:
> I am a little confused. Is experimental the first distro that anything
> goes into in order to get into Debian?

Experimental is an *optional* testing ground for developers.

Changes that are known to break things or very invasive may be uploaded
there first for testing or, for example, to give other developers that
have packages that depend on the changed package a chance to adapt their
packages.

Non-developers should, in principle, never bother with experimental.