Re: Removing 2.6.8 from the archive, is it time?

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 06:55:18PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 05:11, Horms wrote:
> > We spoke about this last month (or was it earlier this month,
> > I forget), and at that time 2.6.8 was still being used by d-i.
> > It seems that the transition to 2.6.12 is going pretty well,
> > is the d-i team happy for 2.6.8 to be removed from the archive,
> > or would they like it left there for a bit longer?
>
> We now have most things needed to support 2.6.12 in place in testing. This
> means that it should be OK to remove 2.6.8.

Cool :)

> Note that 2.6.13 should _not_ yet be uploaded to unstable as we still need
> the final builds of 2.6.12-10 kernel udebs to migrate from unstable to
> testing.

Huh ? The packages are in etch, they need to be hand-installed anyway, so i
don't really understand what is the problem here. I think this part of the
process is a bit messy and i wonder what can be done to make it more smooth
(apart from building the kernel .udebs from the kernel packages as i have been
proposing before :)