2.6.12-1-686-smp kernel crash

Hi,

My machine is running stable on 2.6.11, however, if I boot 2.6.12, it
usually hangs/crashes within a minute after having logged in graphically
(gdm, gnome), and started doing things. (Last time I was switching
desktops, starting up terminals and loading web pages.)

I looked over the bug-list, but didn't see anything relevant. (Late at
night, I may have missed it...) What I want to know is how to best
provide more info? I think I should try single processor versions,
386/486 versions, try a different display driver, or work in text mode
for a long time (more troublesome though), or just leave my machine on
doing nothing other than maybe moving the mouse, to try and find out
when it crashes/hangs and when it doesn't?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe

--
Jabber: hugovdm@jabber.org