Re: RM: please remove any remnant of 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 kernels from etch/sid

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:34:28PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 20:01, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Also, if there are 2.6.8 kernels in sid/etch still, these can be
> > removed as well.
>
> Note: 2.6.8 should _not_ yet be removed and I understand from Sven on IRC
> that he did not intend to request that with this mail.

Indeed, i probably should have sais : "these should probably be removed from
ecth/sid in the near futur: :)

> 2.6.8 is currently still in use by d-i, although we are working on a
> switch to 2.6.12 now that that's in testing.
> A separate removal request for 2.6.8 will be filed after that is complete.

Ok. Would be easier though if the kernel .udebs where moved to the
responsability of the kernel team, or another solution be found for them.

> The requested removals for remaining 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 packages is OK from
> a d-i standpoint.

Cool, they should definitively go as soon as possible, since people are still
using them and reporting strange bug reports about them, which are often
already fixed in 2.6.12.