Re: Linux 2.6.12-6 uploaded and built on all arches, waiting testing migration and futur upload plan.

Sven Luther wrote:
> So, the installer needs to be fixed ASAP.

Getting a useable kernel into testing is a prerequsite for making the
installer use it, not the other way around.

In other words, the changes you recently made to base-installer for
powerpc to make it install the new kernel that is not in testing yet
just caused pain for me and fjp as now we need to track that as another
issue that's broken the installer, and cannot get much useful powerpc
test data until it's fixed.
(http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerEtchBeta1Prep)

--
see shy jo